Monday, June 7, 2010

Saturday, June 5

So I'm not quite sure how my life came to this....a few months ago I signed up to take belly dancing classes at a dance studio close to my apartment.  Just something fun I could do for myself to stay entertained while I was here.  Somehow that resulted in me dancing in a recital over the weekend in a costume that can best be described as a bedazzled bra and long flowy skirt.  When I orginially heard "recital" from my fabulous instructor a month or so ago, in my head I thought maybe we would invite some friends and family over to the studio to watch us dance one evening...which would be fine I guess....and why I missed about 2 weeks of practice the week before the recital.  I just didn't think it would be a big deal.  But here...things often get lost in translation.  or lost in Tagalog. 

Come to find out...the recital was in a venue where they used to perform the show Rent....and there were 35 performances from all the dance classes offered at Dance Movement studios in Pasig and Makati.  I was definitely stretched out of my comfort zone... I think if someone told me when I originally signed up for classes that I would be dancing publicly in the Philippines, I would have probably squealed....and vowed I would never do it...but it was an amazing chance to immerse, get to know some of my classmates, get my make-up done at MAC, and stretch myself a bit...a lot actually. As I sat back stage I just kept telling myself...."you're in a different country...so if you mess up...no one will know."  Other than the fact that now everyone knows since I'm posting it on my blog.  So although it was probably good I didn't realize what a big event it would be ....that still didn't prevent me from constantly sweating.  but then again that may have been more so the heat than my nerves.  probably both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, nike roshe run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, burberry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike free, air max, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, sac longchamp, uggs on sale, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

Anonymous said...

vsoccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet