Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, July 4

My future sister-in-law (hehe...i have a future sister in law :)) and her boyfriend came to visit me for a long weekend. The timing was perfect..we had Wednesday off to celebrate the Presidential Inaguration, and Friday off for something like Pasig Day...who knows.  Having visitors is so fun because it means we decide to do fun touristy things that, for some reason, we just don't do on a regular basis. 

On Thursday I took them to a restuarant overlooking the city:

Friday I took them to the Mall of Asia, which is the 4th largest shopping mall in the world.  I ordered them delicious Filipino Food overlooking Manila Bay before taking them on a city tour.


Saturday, we went to Tagaytay to see an active volcano close to Manila.  We went to this glorious place called Sonya's Garden, which offeres yummy organic/fresh foods....and pampered ourselves by getting massages and manicures and pedicures....all for under $20. 



Lastly, on Sunday, Madison, Kortney and I went to El Corregidor where we ended up getting the opportuniy to take pictures "driving" a jeepney.

Kortney and Craig gave me one of the best compliments they could have said when they told me they were impressed with how assertive I was  (they saw me in action with many a taxi driver) and commenting on how acculturated I seemed.  I wanted to tell them it was all an illusion, but having them appreciate the city as much as they did really helped to further my love for the Philippines and to feel so grateful to have been given the opportunity to be here.