Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday, May 23 - can I be girly for this one?

Soooo.....I'm pretty sure I have found a designer to design my wedding dress.  She studied at the New School of Design...the one from Project Runway. heee :) And of course we had to ask if she had any interactions with Heidi Klum, which she had.  The dresses we saw that she designed were gorgeous, and did not look like cheap prom dresses like we feel we have seen in some other places.  She also has a pretty incredible collection of fun wedding headpieces.  and when I say we...that equals me, Hope and Leah, my interim bridesmaids while I'm here. :)  I heard about her from a friend of ours who used to go to school with her. 

This decision is so big though....and it makes it even harder that there are literally NO places to try on dresses here.  We have heard of one place to try on dresses, and when we went today....we found out they only do custom designs too.  No trying on. They just don't do that here.  So the process involves a lot of trust, but the fun part is you can make adjustments along the way, and have as many fittings as you want.  If I go with this, I'm sure the designer will regret ever telling me that. 

To those of you who have donated for me to be here:  the cost of the wedding dress would come from my parent's wedding budget for me....not from donations.  just wanted to make sure that was clear as I discuss these things :)

More girliness...:  I was inspired by my mom who recently got her eyebrows threaded...and which is really common here...to get mine done since it had been...let's face it...3 months (since I left the US).  I went in (with insanely bushy eyebrows) confused about how it works, and left equally as confused.  I just know they did a good job, and charged me $3 to do it.  Leah originally told me she was thinking about getting it done too, but was going to wait to see what it was like until after it was done.  So the real test of how well it worked was whether or not Leah got hers done after mine.  Since my eyes were closed while they threaded my overgrown brows, I couldn't figure out what was happening other than it was kind of painful every once in a while, and felt like scissors trimming hair at other times.  When Leah got hers done...good sign...I tried to watch, but only to figure out the stylist did magical things with her fingers and thread to shape and trim eyebrows that I cannot explain.  I'm not even mad.  I will definitely do it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, nike roshe run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, burberry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike free, air max, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, sac longchamp, uggs on sale, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

Anonymous said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet

Anonymous said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet