Friday, May 28, 2010

Wednesday, May 26 Staff Care Day

I have been put in charge of monthly Staff Care days for the office.
Since we are on a limited budget, we decided to have a movie day down
in our basement, so then our sole financial responsibility would be
some light snacks for the afternoon.  Our Field Office Director
e-mailed me yesterday asking what I was planning for snacks.  I
responded that Hope and I had already bought some popcorn, chips and
soda, and that on Wednesday (today) we would be sending a messenger
out to get some fruit and puta.  Now understand.  Puto (with an o at
the end) is a common, cheap, Filipino dessert...like a rice muffin.
For any of you that speak spanish....you know puta.....is a bad word.
For some reason I feel like I can type it here because it is a
different language to me.  So I meant to tell the Field Office
Director that we were sending our messenger to get putO, however I
said something comepletely different and inappropriate.  I should have
known since I have training in espanol....however iiiiii messed up.
Thankfully...she thought it was funny...and I never reached the point
of asking the messenger to go bring back some puta because he would
have been pretty disturbed, I'm sure.