Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friday, November 12

Earlier this week I had the opportunity of visiting some of our male clients at a shelter I had not visited the whole time I was here.  I was really encouraged after visiting because the staff seemed so lively and happy, the director seemed to manage the compound very well and was very eager to look out for the best interest of all 200 clients there.  I was actually able to speak in Tagalog there with some of the cutest little boys ever...yes it's true...granted they were 8 years old and younger.  Which is why I could kind of communicate.  Kind of.  I fell in love and really wanted to take them all home with me.  I don't think Corey would mind...

The director briefly mentioned that she had been trying to offer some rest and relaxation to her staff, but did not have the budget, so one of our fabulous attorneys and I promised to do a rest and relaxation workshop.  So today I spent the morning conducting a workshop on stress management and relaxation, and in the afternoon we brought in a spa team to provide each employee with a 30 minute foot massage.  It was wonderful to spoil the people who have given their lives to help such needy and wonderful children.  It blessed us to serve them in this way, and I'm glad I had trainings up until the last minute I left.  I think the attorney originally felt bad for so quickly "offering up my services" without consulting me first, but I told him that's why I was here and that it made me feel useful.