Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thursday, March 11, 2010


From what I'm hearing, in the Philippines women don't shop around for wedding dresses, they shop around for wedding dress designers....and I may have made an appointment to meet with one....and I may have gone to that appointment. and it was SO FUN. I've pretty much convinved myself (with the help of Shannon and Kelley) that I should definitely get a wedding dress custom made here. (the cost is significantly cheaper here than in the United States....and no the money I receive from IJM donations do not go to this :))So much for the whole "waiting to plan my wedding until I get back to the states" plan. I've notified mom and dad to start thinking about my budget...I think they're scared.

Thankfully, Hope and Leah were willing to come with me since this is something I would probably want my mom and other friends attending with me. I had sent the designer some pictures for inspiration and when I got there he designed the dress on the spot. His drawing was beautiful, but as I saw some of his sample dresses I wasn't too impressed for the amount of money he asking. Then he said he wanted to have a visible zipper in the back of the dress because that is the "in" thing right now. I had to tame the bridezilla in me when he told me this. I'm positive I don't want a visible zipper on my wedding dress. So in some ways, I'm glad my first appointment isn't "it", because that means I get to go meet with other designers and see what they say. The pressure is on though...because if I design a dress....and it's ugly...I'll only have myself to blame. Or maybe Corey....just cause he's usually the one taking on my irrational emotions.

No comments: