Monday, August 23, 2010

Saturday, August 14

The social workers and I helped to lead an orientation today involving social workers from all over Manila today. We have been seeking out volunteer social workers to help during rescues so that our clients can get the maximum attention they need...so we helped to train them in what to expect and how to deal with clients during rescues.  The staff did a wonderful job.  I have so much respect for them, as they pretty consistently have 6 day work weeks to meet the schedules of others and clients, so I am honored to help in any way that makes their life easier.

I stopped by a nearby mall halfway through the training to run an errand and had to take the following picture outside.


No, it is not a taxi stand....a tricycle stand.  Tricycle - a form of transportation here which is basically like a cart attached to a bicycle or a motorcycle.  Some can actually get pretty fancy...I've seen one with a blacklight in it.

I, however, took a taxi to get home tonight, and had some frustration with the taxi driver on the way back to the office.  I get so irritated when they ask for extra money just because I'm a foreigner, or say there is going to be a lot of traffic so i should pay extra or they won't take me at all....i want to tell them they are a taxi driver in Manila...what do they expect? Traffic is everywhere....sometimes I can brush that stuff off, but tonight it really irritated me....and I was just exhausted.

No comments: