Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunday, August 1

I started feeling sick on Friday and came down with a fever, which was very unfortunate considering Friday was the monthly Staff Care Day I am in charge of and Leah's Despedida.  So there were planned events all day long.  Edgar was so sweet and offered to take over for me, so I ended up going home early to try to rest so that I could wake up early on Saturday and go assist in conducting our Parenting Effectiveness Seminar.  This seminar has been something I have been working on for months, and was so excited to see it come to fruition, however it turns out I had to stay in bed and miss it.  The positive side is that I was not going to be the one presenting, as it would be best for the presenter to speak tagalog, so my job was done.  I prepared all the materials and modules for the social workers so all they had to do was present.  I was happy to hear that the training was very effective, especially during the portion where we had the children and parents write letters and then read them out loud to each other.  From what I hear, it was a very emotional moment for them both.  The social workers are now planning on using the training and taking it to several parts of Manila so we can help parents and clients in several different areas, so that makes me feel good.  My next module to work on is a career readiness module for our clients to complete before entering into the workforce and pursue a livelihood. I am feeling a little better every day...although I'm still not 100%.  I was really hoping this would just be a 24 hour thing...


Happy birthday Corey :)  Next year I promise to make an extra large yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

No comments: