Monday, April 5, 2010

Friday, March 26

Egdar and I had to make a last minute trip to the immigration office today to make sure our visas were renewed before heading out of town to the rice terraces. The immigration office is just chaos....and getting there took forever since it was Friday and something was happening somewhere with someone important so I ended up spending at least 2 hours in a taxi today before getting on a bus overnight. It was good to get it over with though.

I had to eat a pretty large slice of humble pie tonight once getting on the bus. In my mind/memory....I remember Leah handing me the bus tickets for everyone....all 9 people going on the trip...and when she gave them to me I immediately felt an insane amount of responsibility and tried to hand off the load of responsibility to the bus conductor man as soon as possible. I remember handing him the bus tickets.

When he came to the back of the bus where we were sitting and asked for the bus tickets, I firmly told him how I had already given him the bus tickets...which he didn't have. I was very adament, and Dior who had planned the trip for us and speaks Tagalog, stood up for me and told the man how we had already given him the tickets. Edgar looked through all the tickets he had, and ours were not there. I truly rememberered handing him these tickets. After a while, and feeling so frustrated, and potentially almost getting kicked off the bus, I lifted my pink backpack up off my lap to find all 9 tickets....in my lap. I'm not quite sure how to say "my b" in Tagalog, but it would have been a good time to know.

Later on in the middle of the night, one of our friends woke up desperately needing to use the bathroom. At first I willingly offered to go to the front to ask the man if the bus could stop for my friend, then realized how much he would probably hate me if I did so. Fortunately, the bus stopped soon after and I continued to gravel until I finally got a smile out of him. I think he forgave me.

The bus ride there was pretty entertaining. I'm not sure how to explain it if you weren't there, but I'll try. 2 people sat in lawn chairs in the middle of the isle because I guess they bought tickets at the last minute when the bus was full. Somehow, amazingly, they were able to sleep in these lawn chairs.

Some bathrooms we stopped at charged money...very small amounts...but for toilets that didn't flush or have any toilet paper.

The roads were super windy, so sleeping was pretty difficult since we were rocking back and forth all night long. Plus, since it's a 2 lane highway, the bus was passing people all night long which was terifying. I woke up several times hearing the horn honking and then seeing oncoming traffic. Don't worry mom and dad, I'm safe and sound at home now :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, nike roshe run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, burberry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike free, air max, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, sac longchamp, uggs on sale, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

Anonymous said...

north face, michael kors, hogan, replica handbags, true religion jeans, tn pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, air force, coach outlet, hollister, burberry, true religion outlet, ugg boots, vans pas cher, nike air max, kate spade handbags, sac guess, north face, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, lacoste pas cher, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer, nike roshe, michael kors outlet, new balance pas cher, timberland, michael kors, hermes, ray ban uk, ugg boots, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors, vanessa bruno, converse pas cher, burberry outlet online, coach purses, lululemon, mulberry

Anonymous said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet

Anonymous said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet