Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday, April 19th

This weekend was yet another example of how, on one day (Friday) you're driving down the road, hanging and talking with people who have had the hardest of hard lives...while also having to swerve to avoid hitting a caraboa , then the next day you're all dressed up sipping tea with friends. I feel like I'm constantly having to make adjustments in my brain...and I'm constantly thinking....Is this really my life right now?

Saturday was fabulous. I went with the Hope, Leah, and Ziwei to high tea...which I kept calling high noon because I had never heard of it before...and had no idea drinking tea was a well known established activity. I just thought it was called "let's go drink some tea and be classy" when you wanted to drink tea with someone. Afterwards we visited a hotel where they had a bridal fashion show with the famous Manila fashion designers. I had a hard time refraining from squealing a lot, as is what is natural for me during these kinds of situations. I think I kept it under control. I think.

















Random Thoughts to share -

Weirdest whitening products I’ve seen so far:
Whitening sunscreen…don’t you get darker being in the sun? I’ve never heard of people being able to get whiter.

And whitening deodorant. This dove commercial claims shaving causes damage leading to skin darkening, so you need to buy their whitening deodorant. Ridiculous. I wonder what kind of ridiculous tanning products I’ve bought in the past...

Confession: I ran out of face powder and went to The Body Shop hoping they would have a color that would work for me. When I sampled any of the colors darker than the whitest of whites in the store, the clerk would show me how the white white color fit me the most. And she convinved me of this....and I bought the lightest color they had....and now when I put on my makeup I look either sick or dead.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I love Joakim Noah (Thanks Mike for sharing this)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, nike roshe run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, burberry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike free, air max, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, sac longchamp, uggs on sale, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

Anonymous said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet

Anonymous said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet