Sunday, February 14, 2010

Monday Morning, February 15, 2009

So I’m going to stop writing down what the plan is…cause that rarely ends up happening. Saturday night we did not meet with edgar’s friend, however edgar and I got some dinner anyways at a restaurant down the street (just a block). We split everything, Filipino style, and I’m sure everyone thought we were together on a valentine’s date, which is funny. They had a band there, and I’ve been so impressed with the filipino’s musical talent. Edgar made a good point when he said, “im just happy to be eating/hanging out somewhere that is not in a mall.” And for the first time in my life…I agreed.

Sunday was great, I went to church with one of my coworkers which is right across the street…inside a mall! Surprise surprise. After the service the interns seemed eager to take me to the church they have been going to for the past few months, but I enjoyed it, and enjoyed being with some of my coworkers there.

The wedding was wonderful and very interesting. The bride looked gorgeous…and I got lots of fun ideas for my own. We were talking to one of the bride’s sponsors…which I’m still not totally sure what that means…but she was saying it was common for women to get custom made gowns for formal events. Her gown looked like something straight from David’s Bridal, we said that had to be very expensive, and she said it only costs around 1500 pesos…which ends up being around $30. One of my coworkers said I should try on wedding dresses here, because you can get designer dresses for what would be around 2-300 US dollars. It would be hard to try on dresses without my family and friends, but I can see myself being easily persuaded…I could maybe even get a dress custom made! Then I don’t have to feel bad if I buy some manolo blahnik’s for the first time in my life :)....just kidding...but seriously...I might want to do that...

At the reception, there was an 859874630 course meal…of which I took a lot of pictures. The food was very exotic to me, and I was good and tried everything. Suprisingly though, after all the food I was still starving. Hope started talking about all the things she wanted at her wedding, and said her friend had a mashed potato bar…where you stick mashed potatoes in a martini glass and offer tons of toppings. An interesting idea. The room looked amazing, but I was surprised there was never any dancing, except a choreographed danced between the bride and groom, and with the bridal party. It was so cute. The rest of the time we were eating while different people within the reception sang love songs (much like karaoke?). Some little kids even sang and they were amazing, like they should be on American idol or something. It was incredible. Well, I can’t wait to marry corey. I was a mess and teared up all night, even though I didn’t even know the bride in groom. I just love love, and love witnessing love in other people.

Food pics (keep in mind this is a chinese/filipino wedding...can you guess what it is? I can't either...)