Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday, February 27, 2010 - #1 Mom

The plan to go to Greenhills came to fruition...and it was everything I imagined it would be. I started out waiting to meet up with everyone outside their apartment. As Edgar and I waited, a gruff...large man...came out of his apartment? maybe? or wherever he was on the bottom floor. I'm not exaclty sure why he came out...or what he was doing, but he turned around to look our way, and as I looked down at his shirt, I saw it read #1 Mom in bright orange or pink letters. Probably the last thing I would expect his shirt to say. I wanted to tell him to pause so I could I take a picture of him....but I also didn't want him to kill me so I decided to just talk about him on my blog.

We rode on a jeepney to go to Greenhills, the ride there didn't have many people on it, but on the ride back there were close to 30. True Filipino experience. We bargained a little once finally at greenhills...I was under control and only bought a few gifts for other people which I will keep a secret for now. I saw several designer bags I would have liked to have, but there were so many good choices it was almost too hard to pick...so I didn't get anything...yet. I know I'll be here for a while, so I"m sure I"ll be back again.

It's a gorgeous, hot day here, so Mike and I got our second dose of Halo Halo from Chowking this week. Delicious.

oh yeah and this is how they spelled michael on the receipt. Makes sense.

OK, so I also got my first massage today (Crystal, you will probably think this is enteraining). The really convenient part about my building (and other apartment buildings around) is that there are little convenient stores, laundry places, hair salons...and yes...spas on the bottom levels. So I paid 250 pesos ($5) for an hour long massage. Too good to be true? yes. No....really it was relaxing...and the....atmosphere...was very spalike. BUT my massage began with karate chops down my back, all the while the masseuse is either burping or coughing into her hand, before massaging some more....using waaaaaay too much oil. funny.
Last random thing:
This news article came up on my google alerts today and it makes me happy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/352005-florida-gator-football-and-the-swamp-the-best-college-football-stadium-in-all-the-land

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow. that is gross. but funny. $5 is incredible though! Perhaps you'll get a blind massage therapist next time and he'll be wonderful! :) (PLEASE tell me you remember the movie "At First Sight"?!?!? the last comment was clearly in reference to that)