Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday, February 21, 2009 - more about food


I had heard about dragon fruit during training week, and I've spotted it at the store a few times but have been too scared to try it. I finally looked up how to cut it and eat it....and I took the plunge. It's ok...I may buy it again....but it looks CRAZY. It's a good thing I looked up what the inside is like first, or I may have thrown it away thinking it was infested with little black bugs. It tastes just as described....a cross between a kiwi and a pear...and not too sweet or sour at all. I think I like it.
I had interesting experience opening a can of tuna the other night. I had overheard Leah and Edgar expressing difficulty using can openers here, so I just assumed it would be difficult. I found a tool in my apartment that I thought might look like a "this is a crazy way to open a can but maybe it could work" tool so I proceeded to...try to make it work. And I did....however the tuna can was destroyed after I was done with it. (I was still able to eat tuna that night) However I recently found out the tool I was using it just for punturing cans....not for opening....well...for opening only if you puncture it 50000 times.